FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 31st, 2017
NORFOLK, VA – The United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) has launched a brand-new website dedicated to Fall Championship Week. The event, which comprises the USCAA’s Men’s Soccer, Women’s Soccer, Men’s Cross Country, Women’s Cross country, and Volleyball National Championships, will be held from November 9th-13th in Virginia Beach, VA. The USCAA introduced the combined tournament format with great success.
Nearly 1,500 student-athletes participated in last year’s events. Bringing the tournament together during one week in one city has created cost efficiencies for member institutions, an enhanced atmosphere, and a signature event for the USCAA. The new website was designed from the ground up to highlight all five championships in one space, under the Fall Championships Week brand.
“One of the aims in creating this new website is to streamline information dissemination to our schools, teams, and fans” states USCAA Associate Director & Chief Operating Officer, Michael Goodman. “Previously we had separate websites dedicated to the soccer, volleyball and cross-country championships. With the larger event format now in place, a lot of information on those sites overlapped or created confusion on where to find tournament information. We needed to create one central location for all things Fall Championship Week and that’s what we’ve done. Our members are going to find this website simple and easy to use, but highly functional.”
Features of the USCAA Fall Championship Week website:
- Enhanced headline feature featuring a new splash page with imagery of Virginia Beach and rotating tournament news and information.
- Drop-down navigation at the top to directly access information specific to each tournament.
- Graphical links to brackets, scoreboards, and statistics for men’s soccer, women’s soccer, and volleyball, in addition to cross country participating teams and results.
- Championship streaming with Boxcast – providing quicker access to live events by sport, with links displayed in the menu bar and in a Boxcast streaming graphic down the page.
- Improved aesthetics and functionality - highlighted by larger headline graphics and quicker access to the pages users access the most – brackets, scoreboards, and statistics.
- Sponsor displays recognizing the organizations and businesses that help make USCAA championship events possible.
The Fall Championship Week website launched at 9:00 AM on October 31st. All website features and links will be live November 2nd, after all bids from the tournament are distributed. Members may contact our offices via email at email@example.com or by phone at 757.706.3756 with any questions pertaining to changes or problems you may be experiencing with the site. You can access the site under each fall sport link in 'Championship Central' on the main page of the USCAA website, in addition to the Sport Menu.
About the USCAA
The primary goal of the USCAA is to provide members with an association that is devoted to the growth, vision, and values of their institutions. The USCAA’s focus is to enhance member institutions through athletics. The association intends to achieve this goal by providing opportunities for small colleges to compete on an equal level of competition with schools of like size and athletic programs. The USCAA conducts 12 national championships, names All-Americans, recognizes scholar athletes, and promote USCAA member schools in various means. The USCAA believes that the integrity and credibility of the association and its members is paramount in accomplishing its goal.