USCAA Players of the Week
Newport News, VA. - The USCAA wants to congratulate and celebrate its student athletes' accomplishments. We are proud to announce the following Players of the Week for the week of February 16th - 22nd.
Men's Division I Basketball-
- - Player of the Week- Blake Elrod, Florida College, F, Jr., Green Cove Springs, FL- Elrod led his team to a Trinity Baptist College Tournament Championship. He tallied a double-double with 13 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks in a victory over USCAA rival Johnson & Wales. Elrod followed that performance with 15 points, eight rebounds and three blocks as Florida College defeated Ave Maria. Elrod was named tournament MVP.
Men's Division II Basketball-
- - Player of the Week- Tyler Morningstar, Taylor University Fort Wayne, F, Sr., Fort Wayne, IN- Morningstar posted 30 points, six rebounds and four assists against East West University. The following night he netted 25 points, grabbed six boards and dished three assists.
- - Co-Player of the Week- Chelsey Barron, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, G, Fr., Leavenworth, IN- Barron finished one assist shy of a triple-double, as she scored 15 points, pulled down12 rebounds and served nine assists. The Pomeroys lost a hard fought game against USCAA rival Spalding.
- - Co-Player of the Week- Katie Landis, PSU Beaver, F,
Fr., Rochester, PA- Landis has led her squad to the PSUAC
championship game. In their first round game against PSU-DuBois she
posted a double-double, with 15 points and 15 rebounds. In the
semifinals she scored a game-high 19 points and added eight
rebounds in a victory over PSU-Brandywine.
- - Player of the Week- Jonathan Dehoux, Apprentice School, 1B, Jr., Mathews, VA- Dehoux went 5-for-6 with two home runs and an Apprentice School record, 10 RBI. His performance carried the Builders to a 22-11 victory over Division II Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
- - Pitcher of the Week- N/A
- - Player of the Week-Lauren Decker, Columbia Union, C, Fr., Bowie, MD- Decker went 3-for-4 in two games against Fredrick Community College. The freshman backstop had nine put-outs behind the plate, while crossing the plate once in each game.
- Pitcher of the Week-N/A