RECORDS: Williamson College of the Trades 24-5; Penn State University York 19-7
LOCATION: Penn State Fayette Maltho Gymnasium, Uniontown, Pa.
IN BRIEF: Penn State York was able to hold of Williamson College of the Trades 66-65, advancing to the Men's Division II semi-final.
ON THE COURT
- Penn State York's Trent Thomas scored nine of the Lions opening 13 points as they took an early 13-3 lead.
- York had a lead of 15 points going into the half-time break.
- In the second half Williamson fought their way back to bring the score to 42-41 at the ten minute mark of the second half.
- With under five minutes remaining Williamson's Kyree Freeman nailed a three pointer to cut York's lead back down to one and got the bench alive.
- With nine seconds left in the game, Matt Achille found himself at the line and sank both free-throws York. Those shots proved to be the game-winning points.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Thomas scored a game-high 27 points on 10-17 shooting from the floor and 6-8 from the line.
- Lucas Jewell of York was one assist away from a double-double and added 13 points to his team's effort.
- Williamson had three players in double digit scoring; Jo'wan Livers, James Hill, and Andre Merrell.
- Merrell added five assist and five rebounds to go along with his 10 points.
Penn State York advances to the semi-finals and will face Central Penn tomorrow, March 3rd at 3:00 P.M. in Main Arena. Williamson will play NHTI in Maltho at 10:00 A.M EST in a consolation game.