SUNY DELHI TAKES 2018 USCAA MEN'S CROSS COUNTRY TITLE
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- SUNY Delhi took the top four spots and five of the top nine as they cruised to the 2018 USCAA Men's Cross Country National Championship on Friday morning.
The Broncos amassed 19 points to easily outdistance SUNY-ESF who came in second with 69 and St. Mary of the Woods who took third with 116.
Kobie Lane took the individual championship for SUNY Delhi covering the 8k course at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex and neighboring Princess Anne Athletic Complex in 25:47. Abshir Yerow was next (26:12), while Nicholas Arnecke was third for the Broncos (26:36) and Lucas Riley was fourth (26:42).
Brennan Guido was the top finisher from St. Mary of the Woods coming in fifth in 26:47, wile SUNY ESF had its top finisher in sixth as Ethan Aplegren ran 27:18. Rounding out the top seven was Theodor Schell of BLuefield State in 27:31. Those seven were first team USCAA All-Americans.
Earning second team USCAA All-American honors for coming in eighth through 14th were:
8. Julian Rohn-Cappelaro (Warren Wilson) 27:37
9. Ted Oster (SUNY Delhi) 27:49
10. Patrick James (Williamson College of the Trades) 27:54
11. Kevin Malen (SUNY Delhi) 27:54
12. Clifford Andersen Navajo Tech) 28:00
13. James Boyd (SUNY ESF) 28:00
14. Mark McClenahan (SUNY ESF) 28:01
You Might Also Be Interested In: