St. Mary of the Woods College takes 2019 USCAA WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – St. Mary of the Woods College took three of the top four spots and six in the top 14 as they ran away with the 2019 USCAA Women's Cross Country National Championship on Friday morning amassing 30 points. SUNY ESF was second with 58 and SUNY Delhi took third with 68.
Anna Wilgenbusch was the overall champion covering the 6k course at the Aviation Museum, Virginia Beach, VA, in 21:58, while Kayla Coryea of St. Mary of the Woods was second in 22:53.
Coryea’s teammates took third and fourth as Zoe Trausch ran 22:55 for third and Breana Barger was fourth in 23:29. Abby Perez of the SUNY ESF rounded out the top five in 23:50. Arielle Moheimani of SUNY Delhi took sixth with a time of 23:52. Kendyll Shulz of St. Mary of the Woods College was seventh in 24:01.
Those seven all earned first team USCAA All-American honors.
Finishing in eighth through 14th to earn second team USCAA All-American honors included:
8. Cassidy Engleson (SUNY ESF) 24:12
9. Katerina Salcedo (SUNY Delhi) 24:13
10. Erin Cocca (SUNY ESF) 24:19
11. Cassidy Lewis (Vermont Tech) 24:20
12. Emma Kate Callahan (University of Dallas) 24:26
13. Sophie Stewart (SUNY Delhi) 24:27
14. Catharine Mooney (Penn State Brandywine) 24:28