NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - The USCAA has previously announced the championship bid opportunities for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 championship seasons. A total of six championship tournaments are available for bid. All bids must be submitted by August 1, 2013 on a minimum two-year contract basis. The USCAA will also accept proposals for three- or four-year bids. The following championship tournaments are available for bid:
- 2014 and 2015 USCAA Golf Championships -Please note that a recommendation from the Championships Sub-Committee at the USCAA National Convention stated a desire to extend the tournament from two rounds to three rounds, either over the course of two or three days. It is highly recommended that bids include this scenario.
- 2014 and 2015 USCAA Women’s Volleyball Championships
- 2015 and 2016 USCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championships*
- 2015 and 2016 USCAA Men’s Division II Basketball Championships*
- 2015 and 2016 USCAA Women’s Division I Basketball Championships*
- 2015 and 2016 USCAA Women’s Division II Basketball Championships*
*For reference, over the past 5 years the USCAA has held all basketball tournaments concurrently at one site. The USCAA feels this creates a premier event and a dynamic championship atmosphere. Therefore, it is highly recommended that institutions bidding for basketball tournaments submit proposals to host at least two championship tournaments (e.g. Men’s and Women’s Division I), if not all four.
Any member institution considering a bid can find our current information on the bid format at http://www.theuscaa.com/USCAA_National_Championship_Dates_and_Bid_Process.pdf.
Bids can be submitted by e-mailing your materials to [email protected]. Your bid may also be mailed to my attention at USCAA, 739 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Suite 1011-E, Newport News, VA 23606. Bids should be postmarked no later than the bid submission deadline posted on our website (August 1 for all aforementioned championships).