Norfolk, VA – The United States Collegiate Athletic Association welcomes our members, student-athletes, and fans to explore its newly revamped website at www.theuscaa.com. The USCAA has partnered with PrestoSports, Inc. to redesign the USCAA website to enhance user experience and navigation.
New features of the USCAA website include:
- Enhanced headline feature – featuring a new splash page with images that highlight our national headquarters, USCAA championships, and student athlete recognition.
- Dedicated home page Player of the Week section – All players of the week will now be highlighted on the homepage of theuscaa.com with picture, name, sport, and accomplishments.
- Championship Central – featuring links to championship pages for each sport, calendar of events, and future championship dates
- New Navigation and sport menus – quicker access to the features you’re searching for by sport
- Championship streaming with Boxcast – providing quicker access to live events by sport
- Improved aesthetics and functionality – highlighted by larger headline graphics, student-athlete features, and intuitive navigation.
“We are thrilled with the new website,” states USCAA Executive Director Matthew Simms. “The new and enhanced features are set out to bring us up to speed with trends in website aesthetics and navigation, but they will also help to further our mission by providing enriched means to display student-athletes and their contributions through athletics and academics.”
In addition to being more intuitive and application based, the redesign puts an emphasis on user’s immediate access to information. Using the sport menu tool bar at the top right of the webpage visitors will gain immediate access to almost any individual sport webpage including player and team stats, schedules, rankings, and more. “The new navigation may reduce the total number of hits received from independent users,” states Simms. “However, we believe that the new features will increase both our web presence and bring more visitors who spend more time on our site without the hassles of digging for the information they came for.”
A soft launch of the site opened at 5pm (EST) on Thursday, October 19th. All website features will be live the week of October 23rd, just in time for the second annual USCAA Fall Championship Week which kicks off November 9th in Virginia Beach. Members may contact our offices via email at [email protected] or by phone at 757.706.3756 with any questions pertaining to changes or problems you may be experiencing with the site.