FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORFOLK, VA – The United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) has launched a brand-new website dedicated to the Small College World Series (www.smallcollegeworldseries.com). The event, which comprises the USCAA’s Baseball and Softball National Championships, will be held from May 13th-17th in DuBois, Pennsylvania. This is the first year of the combined spring championship format.
In just over a month, nearly 500 student-athletes will descend upon DuBois where they will be greeted by brand-new (or newly renovated) facilities and a small-town charm that will make the tournaments unique within the USCAA landscape. Hosting the events together will create cost efficiencies for member institutions and an enhanced atmosphere and experience for student-athletes. The new website was designed in the mold of previous USCAA website redesigns to offer improved aesthetics, mobile compatibility, streamlined functionality, and a ‘one-stop shop’ approach to access all pertinent information related to the baseball and softball events.
“The launch of the Small College World Series website follows our stated goals of improving the web presence of our National Championship events in a consolidated format that is highly functional and easy to use for our members and fans” remarked USCAA Associate Director & Chief Operating Officer, Michael Goodman. “We have an exciting event planned for the participants of the first combined USCAA Small College World Series, hosted by the City of DuBois. In its own way, this website will complement the new format and add to the experience.”
Features of the Small College World Series website:
- Enhanced headline feature featuring a new splash page with imagery of baseball and softball and rotating tournament news and information.
- Drop-down navigation at the top to directly access information specific to each tournament.
- Graphical links to brackets, scoreboards, and statistics for baseball and softball.
- Championship streaming with Boxcast – providing quicker access to live events by sport, with links displayed in the menu bar and in a Boxcast streaming graphic down the page.
- Improved aesthetics and functionality - highlighted by larger headline graphics and quicker access to the pages users access the most – brackets, scoreboards, statistics, and general tournament information.
- Sponsor displays recognizing the organizations and businesses that help make USCAA championship events possible.
Please note, all website features and links will be live by May 8th, following the distribution of tournament bids. Some links are not currently active. Members may contact our office via email at [email protected] or by phone at 757-706-3756 with any questions pertaining to changes or problems you may be experiencing with the site. You can access the site under the ‘baseball’ and ‘softball’ links in the Championship Central box on the main page of the USCAA website, in addition to each sport’s page on the website (Men’s or Women’s Sports -- > Baseball or Softball -- > Championship Website in menu).
About the USCAA
The primary goal of the USCAA is to provide members with an association that is devoted to the growth, vision, and values of their institutions. The USCAA’s focus is to enhance member institutions through athletics. The association intends to achieve this goal by providing opportunities for small colleges to compete on an equal level of competition with schools of like size and athletic programs. The USCAA conducts 12 national championships, names All-Americans, recognizes scholar athletes, and promote USCAA member schools in various means. The USCAA believes that the integrity and credibility of the association and its members is paramount in accomplishing its goal.